Giving is an important part of the Christian life.
We give "to the Lord" "through the local church!"
As a Southern Baptist Church, we are committed to the Great Commission. When you give to your local church, your gift goes to many different areas through the Cooperative Program, including:
- Funding both international and local missionaries who are appointed by the International Mission Board. They take the Gospel to places you and I will never go.
- Funding missionaries in America appointed by the North American Mission Board. They provide unique ministries on a national level and support our State Conventions.
- Funding specialized ministries in Missouri associated with the Missouri Baptist Convention. This includes efforts that strengthen local churches and disaster relief wherever and whenever it is needed! Training opportunities are offered throughout Missouri, and we support benevolence ministries such as the Missouri Baptist Children's Home and the Baptist Home for Senior Adults.
- Funding the Lawrence County Baptist Association that gives support to 28 neighboring churches and works cooperatively with Baptist Hill and LACOBA home.
- And last, but not least, your gift keeps the doors open and the ministries active right here at FBC Marionville. Staff support, building maintenance, resources for Vacation Bible School and Student ministries are impacts you see every week!
Your gift goes a long way in many directions when you give to your local church. When you give, your faithful obedience truly helps fulfill the Great Commission!
Here at First Baptist Church, we now support online giving. We understand that many want to give when they come to worship, but we also understand that sometimes the checkbook gets left behind. Or perhaps you were sick this Sunday and were unable to give directly. Online giving allows you the flexibility to give from anywhere, in the event something else keeps you from giving during Sunday morning worship.